Saturday, February 16, 2013

Revlon Just Tinted Mystical and Black Cat Lacquer Party Monster Reviews

Hello! Tonight I have a FUN manicure to share with you.

If you're like me, then you are way behind on the nail polish trends. The first polish I'm going to show ya'll is one that apparently came out in 2011, before my love for nail polish came about (thanks to my friend, Dulcie, in June of 2012)

I saw this polish in K-Mart 3 months ago, swatched it on a nail and when I got home I couldn't remember what it was called. All I knew is I did not like it at all. It was so sheer and streaky. After much searching, for hours, and with help, I found out it was Revlon's Just Tinted line in the shade of Mystical. I never went back to the K-Mart to get it, I try to avoid K-Mart at all costs. Unless they have a good sale on polish, which is why I was there in the first place! :P

I recently had the opportunity to buy it on a blog sale for $1 so I scooped it up. I got it last week and I have already used it for 3 full manicures. I LOVE it!!!

 

 
 

Just Tinted Mystical is a sheer raspberry jelly. It goes on a little streaky, so you've gotta work with it a little bit. But it dries super fast and to a plasticy matte texture. This makes it perfect to use under a glitter because the dry time is so quick. If you're like me, you aren't patient. Matte finish polishes are my best friend. I have also worn this alone, with a top coat and it ends up super glossy. This polish is very versatile.

I decided to top this with one of my untried indie polishes I got a few weeks ago. I purchased Black Cat Lacquer Party Monster because it was on sale, it's a pink jelly, and full of multi-colored shredded glitter.



Looks awesome, right?!


 
Party Monster is described as a hot pink jelly base with dazzling aqua sparkles and matte glitter & shards.
 

I absolutely love this combination! The pink is gorgeous and really makes all the different colored glitter shards pop out. It went on perfect and dried quickly. There was absolutely no fishing for glitter. Each time I went to apply it, the brush was full. I topped this manicure with Sally Hansen Insta-dri and it's smooth to the touch. I usually have to use Seche Vite as a top coat for glitters, but if I can avoid it, I try.

I'm so happy with how this manicure turned out!!!

I am not sure if the Revlon Just Tinted collection is officially sold anywhere. Afterall, I found it in a seedy K-Mart on a random shelf. I've seen it for sale on Amazon. I am going to keep my eye open on blog sales and at K-Mart, because I definitely think they're a good choice!

Black Cat Lacquers can be found on Etsy here. You can also find them on Facebook here to stay up to date with releases and sales!

All polishes were purchased by me and all opinions are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment