Saturday, January 19, 2013

Flower by Drew Barrymore Eye of the Tiger Lily Nail Polish Review

Hello!

I am BEYOND excited to share this review with you! I was browsing through Walmart yesterday and I came across an endcap with new nail polish on it. So, naturally I had to come to an abrupt stop to take a look. It was the lovely new Flower brand by Drew Barrymore! I took a picture of it with my phone and sent it to a friend to find out what the hay is this?! She gave me the scoop, along with a link to read up on the new collection.

I was in awe of an orange color I had seen, but left Walmart empty-handed. I will be honest and say, I thought of that polish all night long. Seriously, ask my husband... he was getting pretty annoyed with me.

So today, I rushed to buy it before heading across the water for an awesome Lush Cosmetics Grand Opening party ;)

Enough rambling... I'll get onto the review because GUYS: this polish is GORG-EOUS!!!

Eye of the Tiger Lily
 

 
Eye of the Tiger Lily is a bright orange creme. On the bottle it has the following instructions:
Apply 1 coat to clean, dry nails. Allow time to dry. Apply second coat and let dry. Patented 3-free formula features: super-short dry time, smooth application, premium gloss and shine.
 
I followed the instructions and this is what I got:

Hold on while I catch my breath. Ohmygoodness this color is the prettiest orange polish I have EVER seen. If you can think of a better one, I dare you to leave the name of it in the comments below!

This polish went on smooth like butter. It dried super fast and indeed did dry to an amazing glossy shine. In the picture above, I have no top coat. This stuff is beautiful all on its own.

I wanted to see how it looked with a holographic top coat. I recently ordered Lacquerhead Polish's Make Me Holo which is a Spectraflair Top Coat. You can add it to any polish and turn it holo. No more having to spend lots of money on a bunch of different holo colors, ladies. Once you have this top coat, the sky's the limit!

Disclaimer: I cannot photograph the holo goodness that my eyes see. So, I tried to get my nails with some good bottle shots so you can see its sparkle. You can click on the picture to zoom in and see it better. Once I get some good sunshine (hopefully tomorrow) I plan to add those pictures to this review! :)



 
 
I also have an affinity to mattifying my manicures. I use Revlon's 790 Matte Top Coat.

Um. What?! I think this polish looks stunning any way you wear it!

If you're like me, you may not have heard about this line by Drew Barrymore yet. When I looked at the website, www.flowerbeauty.com, I found this information: They do not pay for advertising. Where other beauty brands spend a vast percentage of the cost of their products on ads, they do not. Drew as an owner of the brand takes pride in promoting Flower, which in turn allows them to put all of our resources into the formulas and packaging, and not into advertising.

Awesome, huh? The Flower line also includes mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and various face products. I took this snapshot from the website to show you some of the other nail polish colors they have.


The orange is my absolute favorite, but the blues seem to be calling my name, too! For a 3-free, cruelty-free and made-in-the-usa polish, paying under $5 for this brand is a no-brainer.

I have always loved Drew Barrymore. Her work with feeding the children and saving animals has always made me admire her. I am excited to see her branching out from acting, being a mother, and a director to campaign for an affordable beauty product that she created. Not everyone can be a covergirl, but every woman can feel gorgeous with a good lipstick and pretty nail polish. Trust me- try it and if it doesn't work, let me know! :)

The Flower line consists of more than 181 eye, face, lip and nail products ranging from $4.98 to $13.98, and is available in more than 1,500 Walmart stores and on Walmart.com.

You can find more information about the Flower line on their website here, 'like' their facebook page for more information and updates here, or buy directly from Walmart's website here.

You can find Lacquerhead Polish for purchase on Etsy here, and 'like' her on facebook for more information and updates here. I also use her nourishing cuticle oils, and they are phenomenal! She just relisted Make Me Holo Spectraflair Top Coat, which sold out within hours when she first listed it last Sunday, so get it while you can! :)

Thank you for reading. Now, go buy this polish!!!

I purchased these products and all opinions are my own.
 


4 comments:

  1. great review!!!! This color is awesome! I may have to venture out to Wally today:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I will definitely have to try this brand - that orange is amazing, almost like a jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, how can I follow you? I can't seem to find the follower button lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly! I just saw this. I'm so sorry for the delay! I love the color too! I can't wait to add more to my collection. I love the packaging, too. Sleek and simple :)

      I've just added the "follow" button [because I was a dork and forgot!] but you can follow me by google+ or by email. And, you can go to my Facebook page and follow there as well. :)

      Delete