Saturday, April 6, 2013

LynB Designs Twitterpated Collection Review

Hello! I have a lovely collection to share with you today! Jenna Miller, the creator of LynB Designs, has created this collection honoring a handful of the 31 chickens she owns. Yes, you read that right: 31 chickens! I wish I had chickens to lay me eggs and to chase my son around ;)

Jenna sent me samples of these polishes to review. All opinions are my own.

The name of this collection is Twitterpated. All of the polishes are flakies and work well alone or as a topper. I have done several different combinations and I hope you get a true idea of what each polish is capable of.


 
Each polish represents a chicken in her coop...

First we have Dharma, which she describes as a gorgeous hot pink flakie bomb. Furthermore she goes on to say about Dharma, the chicken: When you order 25 chickens you get a free mystery chick. Dharma was that mystery chick. To this day I don't know what breed she is, and I've done copious amounts of research. Dharma is the epitome of an individual and I think if she were a human, she'd love the color pink. 



3 coats of Dharma

Next we have Verna, which is a gorgeous blue flakie bomb. Verna, the chicken is a truly mixed breed, she's part Silkie and that's really all Jenna knows about her. This color is based on her earlobes which are an iridescent blue. I believe she did a fantastic job on bringing out that color!



3 coats of Verna
 
Next up is Harriet, which is a rusty red flakie polish. This can be used alone or as a topper. I personally loved this polish on its own. Harriet, the chicken, is very special.
She's a Mille Fleur and she's 14 years old.
 


3 coats of Harriet
 
Millie is a gold flakie topper. I did try this as 3 coats on its own, and I didn't have much luck making it look anything but goopy. Even after waiting patiently for each coat to dry. I decided to try it over a range of colors, and was satisfied with how it turned out. Millie, the chicken, is also 14 years old. Her and her sisters were dubbed 'The Golden Girls' because of their color.
 

 

2 coats of Millie over the following colors
 

 
 
Stella is an all white flakie polish. Once again, I tried this as 3 coats on its own, and I didn't have much luck making it look anything but goopy. Even after waiting patiently for each coat to dry. I decided to try it over a range of colors, and was satisfied with how it turned out. Jenna speaks lovingly about Stella, and it just warms your heart! She says: I have a soft spot for Stella, she's the only full blood Silkie to have been born in my barn. This is the polish that started this collection.
I had this polish made up and it dawned on me that it looked kind of like feathers.
 So the collection began.
 
Thanks, Stella! :)
 
 

 2 coats of Stella over the following colors
 

 
 
 
 
All in all, I love this collection. First, the story behind it really draws me in. I love when polish makers use personal experiences to create polishes. It's more than just mixing a bunch of materials- it's adding in a lot of heart. Those are the polishes that catch my eye, and my dollar ;)
 
Secondly, I love the colors of the jelly flakies- Dharma & Verna. I did try to layer Stella over top of each of these, and honestly you couldn't tell, no matter which light I took the picture in. I think that's from the flake effect happening within each polish itself. I'm no expert, but that's my opinion. I believe Dharma, Verna and Harriet are perfect polishes on their own. Slap on a top coat (which I did not in any of the above pictures) and you'll be good to go!
 
As for Stella & Millie- my personal opinion is to use these over other polishes to get the desired effect. I don't think any amount of coats would create an opacity that would be able to be worn, due to the amount of layering you would have to do.
 
This collection is currently available at Jenna's shop on etsy here. She also has a blog here. You can also find her on facebook here. Be sure to 'like' her facebook page to stay up to date on all the latest LynB Designs news. She often has flash giveaways, question & answer sessions, and she posts funny tidbits, too.
 
You can use code FREESHIP40 during the entire month of April to get free shipping on all orders over $40. Jenna has TONS of polishes, nail care, jewelry, perfume & gemstones in her etsy shop. She does it all!
 
Thank you for taking the time to check out this review. I hope you get some LynB in your life soon! I have lots in my polish arsenal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment