Wednesday, January 2, 2013

China Glaze Senorita Bonita and Hot Mess Lacquers Yankee Star Review

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! I apologize for being MIA, but things were so crazy around here. I'm sure you can relate :)
 
My son's FIRST birthday is Sunday and we're having his birthday party on Saturday. I have spent a lot of time planning that in between bouts of weeping because he's already a YEAR old. Time sure has flown by. I never really believed that cliche statement... until I had Toby. <3
 
I'll stop rambling now :)
 
I received the polishes I'm reviewing today from a dear friend of mine as a Birthday/Christmas gift. Along with 60+ other polishes, venison jerky, disposable toilet seat covers (read this for a great laugh and a great tip!) and so many other random goodies, funnies and notes that my heart literally exploded.
 
As I stated before, purple is my most favorite color of nail polish to wear. I decided to pair these two up because I really wanted something holo and sparkly.
 
 
China Glaze Senorita Bonita
Hot Mess Lacquers Yankee Star
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
 
 
China Glaze Senorita Bonita is described as a magenta purple with red undertones and flecks of fuchsia and gold sparkle. I loved this color on its own. I did two coats because I was topping it with Yankee Star. Otherwise, I would have used 3 coats to get total coverage the way I like it. The formula was great, the dry time was average and let me just say it again- this color is gorgeous!
 
Hot Mess Lacquers Yankee Star is a silver holographic glitterbomb with various sizes and shapes of glitter in a clear base. Normally I would cringe at the sight of this polish... I don't typically like bar glitter. I figured I would give it a try because the holo-ness of this glitterbomb is GORGEOUS.
With that being said... I did not like the application of this at all. The base was so thin that by the time I got the brush out, most of the glitter had dropped off back into the bottle. Then I began to dab the glitter on. It took me a lot of tries, but I finally was able to get a couple stars out of the bottle, along with hexes in all sizes, bar glitter and tiny silver sparkles. 
 
The final result leaves me feeling as though that half hour I spent "fishing" was worth it.
 
 
 I can't photograph this combination well enough to do it justice. It is seriously an eye catcher.
 
I also wanted to tell you guys what I've been using on my cuticles during this dry and cold weather season. I ordered a nourishing cuticle oil from Lacquerhead Polish's Etsy store (which you can find here) in the scent of a dupe for Victoria's Secret Love Spell. It is a dead-on dupe. I reach for this product so much, it's crazy. This is my second bottle I've ordered from her in the past month. I wish I could say that I used the entire first one, but I wanted to gift it to my best friend so that she could feel (and smell!) it's awesomeness as well. I can't recommend this product enough!!! All of her cuticle oils are currently on sale for $4 and you get free shipping on them if added to an existing order. It doesn't get much better than that!
 
If you're looking for a way to keep your cuticles hydrated, and looking and smelling amazing this winter- give Lacquerhead Polish Nourishing Cuticle Oils a try! :)
 
 
 
And, in case you're wondering- I've got China Glaze 108 Degrees on my toes. :) This polish came out in the same collection as Senorita Bonita (CG Island Escape Summer 2011) It's application was the same as Senorita Bonita and needed 3 coats to get full coverage true to its color.
 
I'm wearing this red in honor of my two January babies! Tobias was born on January 6th and my daughter Caris was born on January 30th. For more on her story, you can read my other blog.
 
 
 
 
 
**China Glaze products can be found here.
**Hot Mess Lacquers products can be found on Etsy here and more up to date information can be found on their facebook page.
**Lacquerhead Polish products can be found on Etsy here and be sure to 'like' her facebook page so you can stay up to date on all of her shop news! Right now she's offering free shipping to the US with code ILOVEFREESHIPPING. :)
 
Thank you for reading! I hope you are enjoying the beginning of 2013, I am! :))
 
All products reviewed above were either gifts from a personal friend, or purchased by myself. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate with the Birthdays, My daughter Nina has the same birthday as Tobias and my son Dimitri was born Jan 14th. My middle child has her birthday in September along with my husband and myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always seem to cluster, don't they? :) Happiest birthday to Nina & Dimitri!

      Delete